Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tired but inspired

For the past 2 years i always wondered how come i nvr felt like a medical student even i was already 1. I felt as if i was just like a college boy who went for lectures, did assignments, went out to lepak sometimes, etc etc. I did have opportunities to go for attachments for a few times but it was insufficient to give me the feel for being a medic boy.

Finally, i m now at the start of my clinical years. I was really really excited about this as i could finally go to the hospital with my sthetoscope and OHCM in the pockets of my white coat. More importantly, i can finally have more contact with the patients and be able to learn stuff from the clinical staffs.

However, life is not just about excitements. I did have a tough period to adjust my life from a pre clinical year medic to a clinical year's one. I have to wake up early, hop on to a bus in a slpy state with half opened eyes, go for tutorials, take patients' medical histories, perform physical examinations and bla bla bla. There are so many things can be done in the hospital but i think i m always lack of energy to sustain my enthusiasm to learn those stuff.

I m really really tired but i m also very very inspired by the stuff that i learnt in the placements. I shall have more rest to continue my learning journey in the coming days.

Gonna take a shower now n have an early night! Ta~

No comments: