Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Disk checking

Recently my 6-year-old laptop behaves like a naughty kid by freezing the screen when its cpu is slightly exerted. And i always have to re-start it and then i will have to wait for few mins to run the system disk checking. I am not a pc person so i dun really know wat is the importance of running this check but from wat i understand is that it will fix the prob of the hardisk. So i suppose it is sth good for my laptop and i always run this check without hesitation.

Speaking about laptop and its cpu, i still rmb i was once described as a cpu processor by a friend when i was just came to Cardiff, because he thought that my mind did a lot of thinking before making a decision or executing an action, which is a bit like a cpu which is processing the data while the software is being run.

So just like my laptop, i had a few disk checking sessions (self-reflection) recently:

Disk checking #1: I am very much indebted to my papa n mama.
I am now doing a clinical placement on child health placement. I do not have a particular interest in this field but i kinda enjoy this placement because it gives me a chance to know a lil bit more about child's development. I saw children from different age grps and different social backgrounds, who suffered from different diseases. However, there is 1 thing that does not vary very much despite all the above differences: the love from the parents for their children.

I can still remember when i was sick as a child, i often kena marah by my mama but then she would provide the best care in the world for me until I recovered. Both my parents did their best to teach me all the skills that i need to know to be an adult. Even if i made a mistake or hurt them, forgiveness was the only thing i had from them. Just like wat i saw in the clinics, no matter how much of havoc the children wreaked, their parents always did their best to tolerate and clean the mess. i think most of us wun realise how great our parents are until we have our own children. And being a medical student, i had the opportunity to realise this at an early stage.

Disk check #2: My temper is kinda bad nowadays.

My temper hasn't been very good these few days. Perhaps I am too tired due to my placement and revision but i think i should not allow myself to lose my temper just because i am not on my top form. And the only person who suffers from this is my gf. I feel very sorry for this as i can tell that she can no longer see her bf being a tolerant and understanding person.

So wat can i do? Try to improve my EQ lvl and try not to give myself any excuses for being hot-tempered.

No comments: