Thursday, May 27, 2010

A blessing in disguise

Tackling problems that occur in life can be very tiring sometimes, especially when one has other commitments to handle at the same time. However I consider myself quite lucky to be able to be in difficult situations. Don't worry I am not insane. It just that I realised I actually made unexpected gains from going through those difficulties. First of all, I nvr fail to get the supports from my friends and family. Then i learn sth new everytime i deal with difficult situations. If i manage to solve the problem, i will be more confident in handling similar situation in the future but if i fail to solve the problem i will still gain the experience and learn to take things easy.

Indeed, taking short cuts can save you time and effort. However you will lose the chance to appreciate important lessons that can be learned through the hard way.

I shall end this short entry with one of my favourite quote by Prof Randy Pausch:

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.

No comments: