Thursday, July 31, 2008

SumBlog - Some Thoughts...

Thought No. 1: being away from home

My youngest bro just started his life as an undergrad student few days ago. For the first time, he left the house and live outside. I went to send him to his hostel with my parents. At that time, memories of my first day at Sunway College suddenly flashed back in my mind. I could remember how my parents helped me to settle down on the first day i was away from home. Being away from home was not very exciting for me. It was quite scary actually. That was the first day i felt that i was officially a real adult as i had to start handling my life on my own. I really missed my parents' nagging at that time when i could only be nagged once in few mths' time. Luckily, i met a bunch of good friends there and i was able to adapt to my life away from home quite soon. Now i wonder how will my bro feels and how fast can he adapt to his new life in the new environment. Hopefully he is coping well.

Thought No.2: Never take things for granted

The trigger of this thought is from another bro of mine whose laptop just 'retired' few days ago. In his blog, he said that he never really appreciated the importance of his lappie until the day it retired. It was disastrous for him as he lost all his files.

Then i met a friend in KL. He is a medical student and we talked about the anatomy classes that we learnt at uni. He said that I was lucky enough to be able to dissect cadevers during my anatomy classes as he could only study at the dummies in his classes. I said there's nth he should be envious about since the cadever does not have the texture like the living body. He said that i took things for granted. He also said that he would be happy enough even if he can study on the real specimens of the body parts.

I think too many times I forgot to appreciate the persons and things which are so important to me until the moment which i am going to lose or already lost them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never take things for granted