Friday, December 29, 2006

8 days in Switzerland - Introduction

Hey my dear readers! I just came back from Switzerland after stayed there for 8 days (21-28 Dec 2006) during my winter break. It was a great trip which gave me sweet memories but also some unforgetable experience. Since this was a very meaningful and eventful vacation, I wrote a brief travel log throughout the journey and i shall try to publish it in my blog starting from today.




I went for this trip together with 3 other friends: Caroline (Carol), Lavanya (Lav) and Zhuang Li (ZL). (At the moment i m still yet to get all the pics from them so I shall put a proper group photo once i get this done.)


According to our initial plan, we were supposed to fly to Zurich on the 20th. However, due to the presence of the heavy fog in London, our flight was cancelled.










Oh well, since this was an unpredictable event, we had no choice but to face it. Together with Lav, I queued for approximately 5 hrs just to sort things out with the airline staff. Of course, ZL and Carol were keeping an eye on our baggages while me n Lav were queueing. Here's a pic of the tent where we spent hrs to queue in:










In the end, we were told that most probably we couldnt fly to Zurich until Xmas is over. It was actually quite a bad news to us! Anyway, we were able to obtain a standby ticket which entitled us of any flights which fly to Swiss on the 20th and 21st dec. However, all the flights to Swiss had been cancelled on the 20th. After a discussion, we decided to stay overnite in the airport and tried our luck on the 21st. The airport staff provided each of us a mat and a blanket as the weather was cold there. I was very thankful of what they had provided for us, even though our trip was affected pretty much.



Posing with the all our luggage just b4 i slp. U can see the blankets (blue colour, near my feet) which were given by the airport staff.

So, did we manage to fly to Swiss?

-to be continued...-

No comments: