Friday, March 14, 2008

On-Call-Logy

Ladies and gentlemen, if you are observant enough, surely you have already noticed that my blog has been renamed to 'On-Call-Logy'.

FAQs:

Q: Why change?
A: I personally think that the name of my blog should be a word/phrase/sentence which best describes my life at that moment. The previous title 'Yo~~ I am Wei Kang~~' was a sentence that i used to say quite often. Now, i think my life has changed slightly such that most of the time I am talking over the phone. Therefore i wanted to choose a new name which can be associated with the 'on the phone' mode.

Q: Why 'On-Call-Logy'?
A: The real meaning of 'on call' is 'on duty'. It is usually used to describe a doctor who is ready to respond to any medical cases. One day while i was on the phone with my gf a flatmate came to my room and wanted to discuss sth with me. Trying to be humerous, i said to him that i was 'on-call'. Since then, my flatmates always tease me by saying tat i m 'on-call' whenever they see me chatting over the phone.
On the other hand, I am doing my oncology project at the moment (oncology means the study of tumours). And i think the new name for this blog should also be related to my life as a medical student. Therefore i renamed my blog to 'On-Call-Logy' which sounds pretty similar to the word 'oncology'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yamehhhhhh...i tot we naturally used the word "on-call" without you saying it first....~ haha. i learnt the usage of that word from somewhere else longggg beforeeeeeeeeee!

Wei Kang 小康 said...

haha... really mer? paiseh ar... =P