Friday, August 18, 2006

An one-day-trip to Singapore

In the early morning of 17 August, I picked up a backpack which I din use for a long period, carried it and walked on the path (which I long time never take already) which is leading to the small bus stop in my taman. Since the day my dad bought the kancil for me, I very seldom became a bus passenger in JB, until this morning. It was because I am going to s’pore and both my dad and younger bro were not at home so I have no choice but to go to the customs on my own. Approximately 40 minutes later, I arrived at the JB customs. I used to take public buses to sch on a daily basis when I was in Form 4. I hated waiting for buses when I was rushing to the sch last time. I am a person who treats punctuality very seriously, therefore, I hate to be late. Anyway, 2day’s bus trip is indeed a reminiscence of my sec school’s life. What a great start of a lovely day!

However, 2 of my frens were late and made me and another fren waited for nearly 1 hr. Omg, it has been a while since I waited a person for so long. Anyway, the trip would b meaningless if we cant go as a group so I try to suppress all my ‘ketidakpuasan’and tried to call them to reach here asap. While we waiting for them, I met a ‘long-lost friend’at the customs building. I have never seen this friend for more than a year. She used to be a very good working partner to me when we both were student reporters. She was on her way to her hostel in Singapore. Since she would be free till the evening, she volunteered to be our tour guide! Shortly after this, the other 2 frens had finally arrived. So, 5 of us moved towards the customs checkpoints happily together. And of course, the trip from the customs to the mrt station was full with our ‘cold jokes’ and non-stop rubbish talk. Haha…

We went to the city centre of Singapore and visited the theater – the Esplanade - which is famous of its unique ‘durian-shaped’ structure. “The durians are best served chilled” appeared on one of the promoting banner and I find it very funny yet meaningful!

After that, we were quite unsure about where to go and finally we decided to go to the Jurong Birdpark. This tourist hotspot is very near to my bro’s uni yet I din pay him a visit. Hehe… paiseh lor coz I really din have sufficient time to include this in my itinerary. =P
The park is really huge and it is a very difficult task to walk to every corner of the park. However, we did cover all the parts of it, thanks to the clever invention of monorail. Hehe… being lazy is not good but sometimes laziness will help us to create a useful invention. =P

Although we had the opportunities to observe the birds closely, it is quite disheartening to see them being caged in a small area. If possible, I really hope that the authority can set them free, or at least provide them a bigger living area. And yet I paid them to continue caging the poor birds. Aih…

Then, we traveled to Bugis and had our dinner in McD. It was a good dinner session with continuous crappy talk and ‘unstoppable’laughters. Hahaha… I think we are really “godlike” cold jokers! (BG Lee, u will miss me when I mentioned these ‘keywords’… haha…)

I reached home at approximately 930pm. It was such a WONDERFUL trip and I shall never forget this meaningful day!

Special thanks to:

Miss tour guide a.k.a Meng Hwey;
Mr Ah Fook a.k.a. Wei Xiang;
Ms Diana;
And Miss Sujen.





Lastly, thanks for having so much patience to read my longest entry since I started this blog! Xie Xie!

No comments: